Thursday, December 25, 2008

Rants

Just a short post on a series of unfortunate events.

Got to UTAR 2 hours before my scheduled interview. Decided to look around. Lazy to take the stairs, since they have 2 huge elevators and narrow stairs. Door closed. Shouldn't it be moving? Ah, there's where the fun part starts. The intercom in the lift began to buzz, and my mom started to freak out. I pressed on the emergency button, but I seriously doubt anyone would be hearing us. Luckily after a minute, the lift opened by itself.

There are, of course, 2 ways to look at this incident:
1. I was unfortunate, the lift did work for others.
2. I was lucky, the lift opened by itself.

Given my pessimistic nature, of course I would be thinking about the first one.

Fine, the lift is not an issue anymore, I would be taking the stairs.

Next, the interview part. Stupid me said a thousand stupid things in the interview, and even the interviewer wasn't very amused. I might be the most immature person applying to MIT, ever. To sum it all up, I just did a great job in showing him why I am not suitable for MIT and engineering.

I am still feeling the effects of my stupidity.

No comments: