Monday, September 8, 2008

Temptations

In dealing with temptations, I agree with determinists. Things in life happen for a cause, to some extent, of course. As determinists have stated, we cannot run from temptations. The possible solutions are only illusions. Therefore, there is no escape from temptations. I find this particularly correct in college life, as again, although this is already the time to make haste, I still couldn't resist certain temptations and I am still dawdling. After indulging in those unbeneficial activities, I do feel guilty. But what to do, time has passed and what good is it to feel regret?

Another interesting viewpoint. Apparently, psychologists also think that persistence or a lack of persistence is actually imfluenced by the sense of self-efficacy, which actually means the perception of performing a task easily. So, due to my lack of persistence, I can conclude that I failed to achieve self-efficacy. Hmm...maybe I should change my perception. Perhaps I could try to trick my mind into believing that I can overcome temptations and increases my self-efficacy. Perhaps then, I can solve the problem of temptations...

No comments: