Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dreams. Good or bad?

I recently encountered an essay prompt about whether dreams obstructs or helps us. Plus, I have got to know few people's view on dreams. Though I do not agree on some of them, they have their own reasons to think like that. I personally think dreams gives us the drive to work harder, to achieve the impossible. Sometimes, I might think too practically, and therefore did not attempt nor gave any thought to some challenging things. But when the situation permits or rather forces me to dream, I do not think it is a bad thing either. I actually feel priviledged to have the chance to dream.

After some introspection, I can say confidently that I am really a dreamer. I do sometimes dream of goals too high. Many successes in the history of mankind had actually came from dreams thought to be too impractical. How I wish I could use that as a reason to dream. Unfortunately, my situation has a signifiant difference. I am a dreamer, a pure dreamer. I fantasize, but I do not take action.

That is why again, I feel guilty these few days because the mock is coming up and I am still spending excessive time with computer games. Sigh...Another Saturday passed again without productivity.

Now, I really could not think of anything else besides the beautiful one week holiday that strecthes before me...

No comments: