Thursday, August 14, 2008

Myopic people

First, let me clarify. I am not an extremist or a fanatic, nor am I someone as revered as Mother Theresa. I just wish I could do my part in conserving the environment. Hence, I am baffled at how some myopic people reacted when environmental issues came up. Surprisingly, actually not too surprising, the years of education including topics on the environment in subjects like geography, science and moral fail to leave any impression on some people.

That was how the heated discussion between two "environmentalists" and two "don't cares" happened.

At least I can practice debating in English. I have definitely met my match as they kept on producing unreasonable examples that left me speechless and shocked. Another realization also dawned on me. The inability to focus is definitely innate. The evidence: the two defenders kept on deviating from the topic.

Now, the mock SAT is just few days away. And I still could not figure out how my essay is to be written. Plus, there were few contradictory views from two lecturers.

And there is the Class Assessment today again. I feel so sleepy now that I feel my brain is refusing to work. I wonder what masterpiece would I produce this afternoon. Preferably not something worth a big red X.

Good luck to me.

No comments: